Sunday, July 27, 2008

Toastmasters BBQ

As most of you know I belong to Toastmasters Boise, 61 club (started in 1939). I love the social communication that is available through this club. It is especiall helpful because I have so little in my current job. This allows we to get out in crease my ability in public speaking and leadership. Besides, it is a lot of fun. So this weekend we had a BBQ up in Garden Valley at "Vandy's" place. This is a picture off his back porch. I just sat and stared at the beautiful site. It was very calming. For the first hour there were only about five of us. We sat and talked, laughed and took in nature.
Between 2:00 and 2:00 the rest of the group showed up. Lots of good food, fun and friend. This party included members and significant others. (starting at the right is Jay [m] , Jordan, Jane [m] and George [m]).

Don and Gorge brought out the gutair and we had a sing along. Most people participated in singing the oldies and those who didn't enjoying watching.
We made sure that we got a picure of every one. This really is a good group. Even Dad felt comfortable and had a good time. It is nice to have some friends to hang out with weekly (you will find me there every Tuesday night) and occationally for parties.
Starting at the back left: Richard, Gayle, Vandy, Travis, Jordan, Dan, Jane, Ann, Ann's friend (forgot his name) and Jay. Second row Fred's wife, Fred, Dave, Karl Johnson (Area Governer), and Mary. Front row Annette. George must of snuck away and isn't pictured. Kimberly Travis's sister is the one taking a picture. I add everyone's name to this so that I will remember every one in the future. For anyone that knows me, knows that I forget names way too easily. This note will help me to never forget. As Sarah says, this blog is fun to share but it also helps cronical our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It nice to see you guys hanging out with your "peeps", and that Dad considers your "peeps" his "peeps". That's awesome.

I need to find me my own "peeps".
No, a 7,6,4,2 and 7 month old don't count! ;)

Grandma G said...

Isn't that the truth. I hope that when you get back to "God's Country" that you will find your own "peeps". It helps.