Monday, June 23, 2008



So I look really weird here. Still have those big glasses. This is Mercy school of nursing. C and I went to school together and graduated together. She stayed on and I came back to Home. Took her a while to come back home but then she took off after a few years and made her home even further West.

We enjoyed going to school together. There was always some mild competition going on that kept us doing the best that we could. It is great having family support in the crazy things that we choose to do. It was also get to get to know my sister better. She is a great lady.

It took me a long time to get back to school. I was 12 years out of High School when I went back to college. I was one of the oldest ones there. I worked really hard and in the end I was the only one in the history of the school (started in 1906) who went through school as a mother of 5 children. The next closest one had 4 children and she was on academic probation the whole time. I graduated 3rd in my class. Of course that is not saying much, there were only 30 in my graduating class.

I love being a nurse. I have chosen lots of different direction to take my nursing career through the years. All the long hours drove my family crazy, but it did a good job in helping to support the family, and continues to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, sibling rivalry. Does one ever grow out of that? I kinda don't think so!

Sherri Harward said...

I think I forgot that you two went through nursing school together. I would think that would be fun.

Did you have a really good relationship with your sister at the time?